I thought I might share with everyone (well...everyone who reads this blog) just ONE of the treatments we are doing with Austin that is so important for any child who falls on the spectrum. That treatment is SUPPLEMENTS. The reason supplements are so important is b/c almost all children on the autism spectrum have nutrient deficiencies due to severe gastrointestinal problems. Therefore ASD kids cannot absorb nutrients properly from normal food intact.
Here is Austin's daily routine of taking supplements...
digestive enzymes (taken 3 times a day)
multi-vitamin (taken 3 times a day)
calcium (taken 1 time a day)
probiotic (2 types taken 2 times a day)
vitamin D-3 (taken 1 time a day)
mycellized vitamin A (taken 1 time a day)
folinic acid (taken 1 time a day)
cod liver oil (taken 1 time a day)
melatonin (taken 1 time a day)
I buy most of Austin's supplements from a company called Kirkman Labs that specialize in making supplements that are free of the most common allergies that kids with autism have. Now you might ask how a 2 year old (ALMOST 3!!!) takes so many supplements a day since he can't swallow pills. Well, I have to break open the capsules and mix them in a tablespoon or so of pear sauce and he takes them right down with no problems. Thank goodness for that! :)
As you can see he takes a lot of supplements and I know we will be adding to this list (and taking away) as time goes on. We also have prescriptions (ie - MB12, LDN cream) that Austin takes. Once we get back some more tests at the end of the month we will be adding to that list too. :)
It's all about priority and making a schedule and it just becomes second nature and part of our daily routine. :)
I thought I might include some other pictures of Austin in this post too. :)
Here we are at the Water Mine water park from the other day.
This one was just too funny to not share. He was NOT happy with me that day! (Like the bed-head???) :)And this one is just a cutie. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment