I just got to say...Where were these places when we were kids??!!
Austin was getting a bit restless yesterday so Casey and I decided to take him out to the mall to a place we had seen while shopping a couple days before called, Inflatable Wonderland. It, literally, is a bouncing paradise for kids. They had at least 7 GIANT moon bounces/moon walks of all different varieties. And you just come and go on whatever you want. It was a really relaxed environment (perfect for Austin) and was great for him to release ALL his pent-up energy. We had been noticing that Austin was stimming a lot more than normal the last few days which is probably due to being on vacation and being in a new environment, being on a different schedule (different time zone), and being around LOTS of people who are unfamiliar to him. We knew we needed to do something to alleviate this energy! :)
Austin had a BLAST! He knew exactly what to do and went to town! It was such a joy for Casey and I to watch Austin amongst the other kids. He fit right in! You couldn't pick him out of the crowd! No one (not even a trained professional) would have thought he had autism. These moments are so rewarding for Casey and I and we are just so blessed to have Austin in our lives. :)
And here's Austin is action!
No comments:
Post a Comment