We just got back from a wonderful week in Texas with family and friends. Now that my parents live in the DC area we only travel back to Austin to visit. It makes for a much easier trip when only having to spend time in one city. :)
Our plan for the trip was to relax and have fun. Mission Accomplished! Except for a few sleepless nights for Austin and a 3am trip to the pharmacy, all went pretty well. Austin is such a trooper and when traveling his schedule is pretty messed up which can be hard knowing how well he thrives on schedule and ritual, but he is such a good boy and I am so proud of him. :)
On our 2nd day, we spent time hanging out with friends and doing what we do best...BEING STUPID! :) Earlier in the day Casey and I found this disguise kit with fake mustaches and decided that would be fun to goof off with. I never knew how much Casey looked like his dad with a mustache. HOW FUNNY! And I think I won't grow mine out...too much like my dad. :)
I think Austin is super happy about his bacon for breakfast.
On Friday, we had Christmas with Papa and Nana Blackburn. It was lots of fun and Austin had a good time.



Austin has really gotten into Playmobil. Have you heard of it? I hadn't until I saw it at a friend's house who has older kids. Austin really likes all the detailed parts they come with.


This is a 50 piece puzzle Austin got the night before from Uncle Craig and Aunt Roxy. We didn't even help him...he did this all on his own after just opening it!

Saturday was Christmas with Grandpa and Grandma Reynolds. Austin was so blessed with gifts from all his grandparents!


Sunday we went to Casey's big family Christmas on his mom's side of the family. It is tradition that we always have it at his Grandpa Hilmer's old house. Unfortunately though, Austin would not go into the house this year. As soon as we got to the door he froze like stone. For some reason he just had anxiety about going inside. Probably due to the 30+ people inside. So we stayed outside the whole time and had "Camp Austin." Thank goodness it was a beautiful day (only in Texas in December!). I had brought a bunch of toys from home and Austin had a great time.




2 comments:
Katy,
You always inspire me, as does Austin. I love how you just accepted that he didn't want to go inside and went with the "camp Austin" plan. That boy is so precious. Happy Holidays!
I am so sorry Austin did not feel good on Christmas, but You all look Fantastic and I miss you! Happy New Year!
LYMI!
Amith
Post a Comment