Sunday, August 8, 2010

A trip to...

Adventure Park USA!!!

All I can say is FUN FUN FUN! I found this place online while searching for "Austin-friendly" stuff to do this summer. It is basically a small amusement park with indoor and outdoor activities. You pay for only the rides/attractions that you want to do by putting credits on a card that is swiped at each ride. This was perfect for us! We knew Austin would not be able to handle some rides that were "age-appropriate" due to some of his challenges so we were able to pick and choose what we thought would be a good fit. :)

I HIGHLY recommend this place for anyone with small kids who cannot handle Kings Dominion or Six Flags or are not old enough for these parks yet. Here is their website.

Here is Austin in the Moon Bounce. This, BY FAR, was Austin's favorite thing to do. He couldn't get enough of the bouncing and climbing up the ladder to slide down the big slide. He probably spent a total of 1.5 hours just on this. :)

The Carousel was just OK. Austin wouldn't ride on the horse but seemed to enjoy just sitting and looking at things as we went around in circles.


This was the Gold Rush Soft Play Area. Austin was definitely intimidated by this place and it took several tries before he was willing to try it out. He would go up in it (after I kind of "forced" him) and then would run the same route and come right back down. To his credit, I crawled up in it once (parents are NOT allowed) to help and show him what to do and it is definitely confusing and maze-like at the top. You really don't know where to go to get to the slides or even to get back done. :)


Monster Trucks!



We put Austin in his car seat and before we could even start the car and get out of the parking lot he was passed-out and asleep. I guess he had a good time! :)

Video quality is still poor...SORRY! Austin is bouncing around in the Moon Bounce having a ball!

Sliding down the BIG SLIDE!


No comments: