Saturday, July 31, 2010

New Snack for A

YAY for ME!

I found another snack food that Austin seems to really enjoy! I just have to keep trying and trying and trying AND TRYING and eventually I come across something that Austin likes. These are jelly cookies but I ended up not spreading the jelly on them. I was worried that Austin might freak out with the sticky texture so instead of ruining the whole experience I decided to let him first try the cookies dry and offer the jelly "on the side." He totally surprised me and was a "little dipper" with his cookies (after I showed him how to do it). :) Here's the recipe...

Jelly Cookies
cookie:
2 cups almond flour
2 cups GF flour
1/3 cup dairy/soy free butter
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon

jelly:
1 package strawberries cut up
1 cup sugar
1/2 tablespoon vanilla

Mix all cookie ingredients together. Then roll dough into ball of desired cookie size and flatten onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 13 minutes at 300 degrees. Let cookies cool.

In sauce pan bring the strawberries and sugar to a boil. Then lower heat to medium and cook for 10-15 minutes. Then mash up strawberries with potato masher. Take off heat and mix in vanilla. Cool in refrigerator.

When ready to eat either spread on top of cookies or dip and eat! :)


No comments: