With the weather finally getting cooler outside I have been planning LOTS of fun activities for Austin and I to do. So for our first outing we went to Union Station in downtown DC. The movie, A Christmas Carol starring Jim Carrey, is coming out in early Nov and Disney is doing a really fun thing to promote the movie. They have a train that is running across the United States that is a museum with info about the movie inside. It has been making several stops all over working it's way to New York City for opening weekend. It stopped in DC for just 2 days this week so I thought I would take Austin to see.
#1 - it's FREE
#2 - Austin likes trains
You can't go wrong there! So I picked Austin up form school and off we went to Union Station. So, of course, a trip to DC wouldn't be complete without getting lost and driving around for an over hour trying to find your way and how to get into the DAMN parking garage!!! Finally I gave up and actually found a meter parking spot about 2 blocks from Union Station. Got my change out and had 14 minutes worth of change to feed the meter. GREAT! What to do...What to do??? As I looked up I had a FOR REAL God moment. It was like the heavens parted and a bright light shown down directly on a bank across the street from my car! HALLELUJAH!!! Ran over got change and off we were to see the train.
I've been really working on trying to get Austin to be as independent as possible in public and social situations so we made the trip without a stroller today. AUSTIN DID AWESOME!!! I couldn't have been more pleased with how he did. He walked the whole 2 blocks to Union Station and then the whole time while in the train and then all the way back to the car and didn't complain once. WooHoo! I think he was so mesmerized by everything in site that he didn't care if he had to walk. He just kept looking around and jumping all over the place. All in all it was a fun outing for the 2 of us. :)
Here Austin is outside the train about to go in. What a cute smile! :)



1 comment:
Sounds like a fun day with your son. Austin is so adorable! It is so exciting to hear about the changes you are seeing in Austin. You guys are doing such a great job at being parents!
Post a Comment