Lately, I have been trying to introduce new foods to Austin so that he has more variety at meal times and snacks. I have found out some important things along the way.
TIP #1 - Texture makes a big differnece no matter how wonderful it tastes.
My son will not eat Mac 'n' Cheese. HELLO! What kind of kid does not eat macaroni and cheese? And he is not fond of Spaghetti O's or even mashed potatoes. WHAT! Doesn't he know his parents are Texans and mashed potatoes is it's food group?
So...today was Jello Day. I made cherry Jello last night in preparation for today's snack time. I thought, for sure, Austin will like this. It tastes so good! I cut it up into small pieces and arranged it on his tray for him to eat. He took a couple of bites and I thought...WooHoo!...he likes it! Then all of a sudden he started making funny faces like he was having brain freeze from the Jello being too cold. It was all down hill from there. He then started throwing it around and being crazy. Eventually he realized that it's squishy texture was fun to bang around on so he started smashing his cup into it. So much for having a "normal" child. Later after dinner, we tried to give him another go-around at the Jello. But he would barely opened his lips like he already knew it was going to be disgusting.

TIP #2 - The way to Austin's heart is Cheerios and crackers.

So if you really want to be Austin's friend, be prepared with Cheerios and crackers on hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment