I just LOVE this time of year! The weather is cooling off. The leaves are changing. And one of our favorite places, Cox Farm, is open for business! Today we met our dear friends, the Begg's, for a fun day of slides, goats, and pumpkins. I swear this place never gets old for us! :)
The whole Begg family...Kimberly and Adelyn on the left, Charlie in the middle, and Ian and Bryson on the right.
Clearly I'm getting old and can't even keep up with my 5 year old! :/
What?!?! Casey just doing his thing!
Okay...the goats were probably the best part of the whole trip for Austin. He was totally consumed by them and very interested. We walked in and wandered around for a minute, then I handed Austin a piece of corn and said, "Austin, feed the goat." AND HE DID IT! He knew exactly what I wanted him to do. It was so cool! We've known for a while that Austin's receptive language is much stronger than his expressive language but he still surprises me with what he is able to do sometimes. I get so stuck on and wrapped up in all the things that he struggles with that it just reminders me to slow down and be thankful. :) Austin had so much fun feeding the goats...he just kept smiling and laughing every time they would eat the corn out of his fingers. :)
This is Austin's "Blue Steel" look.
At the end of our day we each got to pick out a pumpkin to take home.
3 comments:
WOW! This year at Cox Farm was light years from last year. His understanding and interaction now is incredible. He is so amazing, and I love him dearly.
Best blog ever...really shows Austin's improvements! What a beautiful joy he is!
One look! ONE LOOK?!?!! I don't think so!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5OwsaqK5Z8
Post a Comment