Friday, September 2, 2011

The Hannesschlagers (plus a couple Blackburns) at the Beach

The month of August was a BUSY month for us.  We had two vacations planned back to back so it's been hectic at home for the past few weeks.  But I can't complain b/c we had a very good time on both our trips.

Our 1st trip was to VA Beach.  My parents (THANKS OMA AND OPA!) were so gracious to rent a beach house for a week for the entire family to come and stay in.  So Casey, Austin, and I packed up and headed out to join my parents, Mike and Denise, and their kids Avery, Noelle, and Will.

It was a week filled with beach time, rest, and relaxation!  We really only left the house to go to the beach.  PERFECT!   Austin really surprised Casey and I this year.  In the past, he has struggled with the sand b/c of his sensory issues.  But this year he handled it much better and even played with the sand too!  MAJOR accomplishment for Austin!  And, of course, he was right at home playing in the ocean.  My little fish!

All in all the trip was wonderful!  :)




Austin is chasing me down the beach in this picture.  I think I'm enjoying this more than Austin!

Another day at the beach with the fam.

Sweet Noelle taking Austin under her wing.  :)


I don't know how many times Casey did this???  But it was A LOT!

That tiny little black dot in the middle of the water is a dolphin.  There was a pod of dolphins swimming just off the shore with about a dozen or more dolphins in it!  It was beautiful to watch them jump out of the water and back in. 

We spent a lot of time on the 2nd level screened in porch.


After our 100th game of UNO.  :)




Austin spent probably 80% of his time in this little nook playing with his Legos.  Perfect place for him. 



On the way home...one tired little boy.  :)

In this video, we are trying to get Austin comfortable with boogie-boarding (more of an "adaptive" form, really).  Still cute though!  :)



No comments: