Friday, May 23, 2008

Kiss This!

So this past week Austin had his first experience with a dog. Every time we have been over at Joanna's house he has been oblivious to the 2 large, hairy animals in the room. I thought it was so funny b/c they would walk right up to him and he wouldn't even look at them. It was like he didn't even notice these slobbering, sniffing things next to him. How weird! Joanna has 2 dogs. One is Charlie and she is part Lab/German Shepherd mix. The other is Boca and she is part Lab/Border Collie mix. So...needless to say they are BIG doggies. Joanna also has a 17-month old daughter, Heidi, so the dogs are totally comfortable around babies and are super sweet.

Well...this past week we were over and Austin noticed them through the sliding glass door. So Joanna decided to let them in to see what he would do.

At first they just stared at each other. Austin wasn't quite sure what was going on or what he should do. Doesn't it look like Charlie, the dog, is licking her lips like she is getting ready for dinner? YIKES!





Well...as the night went on Austin got more curious and bold. As you can see, Austin wants to play but Charlie is too busy pacifying himself with his snugly, green spider.





I didn't get any pictures of Austin with Boca, but it was hilarious. Boca gets a little more spooked by people so she usually hides under the dining room table. Austin would go up to her under the table and Boca would get up so Austin would then run across to the other side of the room laughing and giggling hysterically and then turn around to see if Boca had followed him but no such luck. :(

Austin was getting such a kick out of these dogs. I couldn't believe it. I think Charlie was getting a kick out of Austin too. So...to show her appreciation she gave Austin a BIG KISS! I can only imagine what it must feel like to see a GIANT tongue coming at you from an animal that weighs 3 times more than you. OMG! The feeling was obviously not mutually about the new friendship so Austin did not return the kiss. :) I can't believe I got this picture! What are the chances!




No comments: