Monday, July 30, 2012

Mr. Shaggy

Today I finally took Austin to get his hair cut.  Getting a haircut is difficult for Austin so he usually goes a couple of months between them.  I have to "work myself up" when it's time since I know it will not be easy.  A few years ago I found this sweet lady at Cartoon Cuts who is so good with Austin.  She has a teenage nephew who is autistic so she is very patient and accommodating.  She knows my expectations are low and that I don't expect a perfect cut.  In fact, we usually end up leaving with hair still over the ears that I have to trim up when we get home.  But hey...Austin made it through a haircut without a major meltdown!

So it's been time for a haircut for a while now but Austin has been having tummy troubles lately that always make him extra cranky so I knew attempting a haircut was a BAD IDEA.  We've also been spending the last 2 weeks getting all sorts of tests done for a new GI doc we're scheduled to see so my mind has been elsewhere.  Well...I checked my calendar and realized it had been 4½ months since his last cut!  WOW!  That's the longest he's ever gone.  So today's mission was a haircut!  :)

Before
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
After

2 comments:

Oma said...

Nice! Almost didnt recognize him! :-)

Christene said...

Two posts in a row with me agreeing 100%! Bru, too, is shaggy and I've been working myself up--to cut it, as I have bailed on professional haircuts for this kiddo. Good for you for sticking to it. Ch :)