Wednesday, April 4, 2012

New recipe

I decided to try and make Austin some new bread this week.  I've made "Austin-friendly" bread in the past that is also yeast-free and it just doesn't turn out nice and fluffy in the middle.  It is much more dense and think which isn't really appetizing to me.  :)

I had read on lots of blogs that King Arthur brand bread mix was highly rated so I thought I would try it out.  With help from Oma, we made it yesterday afternoon.


We had to let it rise in the bowl for 30 minutes...which it didn't really do I think b/c I didn't put real eggs in it.  :/

Then once you put it in the loaf pan, it had to rise for another 30 minutes...still almost nothing.

But the finished product turned out nicely!  :)


I made Austin 2 slices of cinnamon-sugar toast to try out.  When I set the plate in front of him he said, "Sandwich!"  :)  He quickly gobbled down the 1st slice and then picked around at the 2nd one.  So I don't know yet if this is a winner or not but the bread itself has the consistence of regular fluffy bread.  Mission-accomplished!  :)

Stay tuned to see if Austin will actually try it again.  I'm going to make homemade strawberry jam this weekend so hopefully he will love it!

No comments: