Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Santa's Little Helper

We got out the Christmas decorations this weekend and I was a bit surprised how excited Austin was about them!  IT WAS SO COOL!  Last year, Austin could have cared less about the tree (except for his Little Einstein Rocket ornament that plays music...super obsessed with that one).  But it has been a total 180 this year.  He was really into putting ornaments on the tree and even knew what to do without me showing him.  :)

One REALLY cool thing that happened was when Casey and I were putting the tree together.  Austin walked over, looked at the tree and said, "Christmas Tree!"  WHAT???!!!  Did you just say Christmas Tree???  Sometimes it is hard to know or judge how much progress Austin has made when you look at the big picture of everything that he is struggling with.  But taking just this one event, decorating the Christmas tree, makes me burst with joy!  Casey and I are finally getting to enjoy some very simple things in life that some might take for granted but that we have so desperately prayed over for such a long time.

God Bless you little man!  :)     





This is just a silly little clip of A!


1 comment:

Christene said...

What a lovely new Christmas memory!! Smiling as I read this post and think of your family's joy. Christene :)