This is just too cool not to share!
Austin did something AMAZING over the weekend! As you know, Austin has been using an iPad for the past several months to work on different educational skills. One of the apps that he uses a lot is called iWrite. In it he is required to trace lines in order to write letters, numbers, and even words. It's pretty cool and Austin really enjoys it.
We had looked for and downloaded this app with the hope that it would transfer over to handwriting with Austin but he seemed to never really care for it. But while in Philadelphia this weekend Austin picked up a pen and wrote the number 5 down and then said, "5." Casey and I were both shocked! The #5 is Austin's favorite and he likes to point it out whenever he sees one but he has never attempted to write one before. Then he took the pen again and wrote the number 4 and said, "4." HOLY MOLY!
After seeing this I asked Austin to write the number 1. He did it! Then I asked him to write the number 2. He did it! We were able to get Austin to write his numbers 1-20 simply by just asking him. Can you believe it?! Austin continues to surprise both Casey and myself.
Keep it up, buddy! :)
This is a picture of Austin's best written numbers. (we did not help Austin with any of these!)
4 comments:
Austin,
You rock! I'm so proud of you.
Cheryl
Way to go Austin!!!!
AWE-some!!!!
WOW! Austin, you continue to amaze me. I love you. Oma
Post a Comment