Tuesday, September 7, 2010

1st Day of School

HAPPY 1ST DAY OF SCHOOL, AUSTIN!!!

Today Austin returned to school but with BIG CHANGES! Today was his 1st day with his new teacher, Ms. Sarah A., and his new instructional assistants, Ms. Sarah G. and Ms. Elva. He also was in a whole new classroom.

The day seemed to start off great. I dropped Austin off with Sarah A. As I am driving away I am watching as Austin and Sarah A are walking back into the school. They stop to wait on the other kids from the bus and this gives Austin the time to discover that Jennette (his IA from his old class who he DEARLY LOVES) is down the sidewalk and he takes off in a full sprint towards her. All I see as I am driving away is Sarah A. chasing after him down the sidewalk. Oops! :)

At lunch time I go up to the school to show the staff how to administer some of Austin's supplements and when I get there he is (literally) dozing off in his chair. Sarah A tells me that it was a little tough getting him to come into the new room and that he had been pretty tired all morning and didn't really touched his snack at snack time. Poor kiddo! :( Once he saw me he whined just a bit but then realized it was lunch time and sat down to eat. I snuck out quickly so as not to cause a scene.

When I picked him up at the end of the day, Austin was ALL SMILES! YAY! Sarah A said that after lunch he got a lot more energy and was happy for the rest of the day. :) Couldn't ask for anything better for the 1st day of school considering all the new things that were going on.

GO AUSTIN! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY! GET FUNKY! :)

Here is Austin in the morning heading out to school.

This is after I have picked him up. He's in DEEP THOUGHT! :)

No comments: