Saturday, April 3, 2010

Green Eggs and AUSTIN

I apologize now BEFORE you read this blog...there are LOTS of pictures to look at. :)

Austin attended his very first Easter Egg Hunt this year. A WONDERFUL friend of mine put on the hunt with her church and geared it towards kids with autism. HOW COOL IS THAT! Austin would never be able to handle a normal Easter Egg Hunt with lots of kids running all over the place. This was just perfect! :)

They divided up a field into sections that were color-coded with balloons. You got to pick a colored bucket and whatever your color was that was the colored section you went to and "hunted" eggs of the same color. They had a lot of helpers and other games for the kids to participate in too. VERY well put together.

Austin chose a green bucket and off he went (well...not exactly). :) It took him about 10 minutes to warm up to the idea of going to the green section to look for eggs. He REALLY liked the check-in table and hanging out over there. We eventually got him interested in the eggs and he had blast.

OMG! I just can't resist this adorable face. :) Do you think he gets his way...A LOT in our house?







Run Run Run Run Run!
This was the check-in table that he just couldn't get enough of. (Casey's a bit tired from chasing him EVERYWHERE!)




More table...



And still more table...

The event was held at Mount Vernon Recreation Center and this was the statue out front. Austin just thought they were so cool. :)

The Blackburn Family

Austin with Grandma and Oma.



I just LOVE this picture. Especially the 2 little rubber duckies behind Austin watching him. :)


1 comment:

cheryl said...

Those pictures of Austin and the statue are priceless! I think you should frame them. I love when he's hugging the kids and looking at them adoringly. So CUTE!