Friday, February 5, 2010

First Time Sledder

We had another small snowfall on Wednesday this week and therefore school was cancelled. The roads were not bad at all so we went to the cousins' house to try out sledding for the very first time.

I wasn't too sure how Austin would like sledding b/c for the most part he DOES NOT LIKE SNOW. :( That makes me so sad b/c snow can be so fun. But with some of the sensory challenges that Austin currently faces it just makes getting out to play in it a little more difficult than most kids.

But I wasn't about to let that stop SUPER MOM!!!! I figure if I can make being out in the snow not all about using your hands to build snow men but about having fun sledding then he might come around with time. Austin loves to slide so I knew that if I could just get him out and down the hill he would realize how fun it really was and hopefully not mind the snow too much.

After all was said and done, he did pretty good and I'd say we sledded for 30 minutes before he had had enough. The tough part was definitely waiting our turn and having to stand there. But what 3 year old LIKES WAITING???

Enjoy the pics!


This is the neighbor across the street, Ashley, going down the hill with Austin.



Long walk back up the hill.



With our next BIG snowfall already upon us with an expected 24 inches of snow, I went out and bought Austin his own sled to have at our house. There is a HUGE hill that all the neighborhood kids go to so we plan on trying it out this weekend.

More sledding...TO BE CONTINUED!!!

No comments: