Monday, June 22, 2009

Big Pool is the Cool Pool

The theme of the Blackburn summer is "Pool, Pool, and more Pool." Austin just can't get enough of it. He doesn't even want to go to the neighborhood park anymore (it is right down the street from the pool so Austin always tugs us in the direction of it). The kid just LOVES the pool! :)

Since we started bringing Austin to the pool 2 summers ago we always went in the baby pool. We would go in the big pool in a little baby raft but he really didn't like it much b/c there is nothing to play with like over at the baby pool. Last summer we tried arm floats and Austin just hated it. So this year I really didn't think much about going in the big pool. About a week ago Austin began noticing the big pool and watching the other kids. He dragged me over to it and would have jumped right in if I hadn't been there to stop him. So we decided to get in but Austin didn't have any kind of floaty so I got tired real fast trying to hold him up and let him play around. We didn't stay long in the big pool and Austin was pretty upset by that so I went out and got him a lifejacket to where. I was a little concerned that he would not like it (like the arm floats the previous year). As soon as I put it on I think Austin realized that we were going to go in the big pool and he didn't mind at all. PRAISE GOD for that! Small wins are what I am all about these days. :)

Here are a few pictures of Austin in the big pool. All he likes to do is jump in from the side. Swim back to the wall. Crawl out and do it all over again. Fun Times!




No comments: