Friday, February 8, 2013

Visit from the Tooth Fairy (take 2!)

My apologizes to people (if there actually are any) who read my blog!  I've not kept up my end of the bargain and brought you the latest on Austin.

Well...today Austin lost his 2nd tooth.  Another milestone for the books.  I didn't realize how emotional and excited I would be about Austin losing teeth.  Go figure?!  When Austin lost his 1st tooth back in December I was in complete shock!  I had been wondering for a while when Austin would lose a tooth.  He is 6 years old and many moms I know have kids who have already lost several teeth.  Anyway, it made me kind of sad.  Here is ANOTHER life event Austin is missing out on.  :(  Once I actually realized he had a loose tooth it came out the very next day!  Wow!  Well...came out is really an exaggeration.  My in-laws were in town visiting and all of a sudden my mother-in-law says, "Look!  Austin lost a tooth!"  Sure enough his tooth was gone and I mean GONE!  We never found that tooth and to be honest I don't know where he actually lost it.  At school? At home? :)

I had been wondering when Austin would lose his next tooth.  I have been checking his teeth regularly and none have been loose until this past week.  Then today I got a text from one of Austin's teachers to check my email for a special message...and low and behold...a pic of Austin's tooth. :)  They told me they realized it was missing and then they went on a hunt to find it.  Eventually they found it on the floor behind his desk. :)  Austin probably pulled it out and thought, "I guess I don't need this anymore!" and threw it over his shoulder.

So I'm going to share a little secret (don't judge!).  When Austin lost his 1st tooth the Tooth Fairy didn't come and visit. :/  I know I know!  The thing is that Austin has never been exposed to the Tooth Fairy so there is no significance in it and he won't understand why he is receiving a gift.  So I thought I might do something different today and when Austin goes to sleep tonight I will run up to the store and buy him a couple of helium balloons to stick in his room for when he wakes up in the morning.  I think he'll like it. :)

December 7, 2012 (1st lost tooth)

February 8, 2013 (2nd lost tooth)





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!

G and G said...

Sorry...from grandma and grandpa