Austin has been working VERY hard on coloring and hand strokes for the past several months. It was never a natural thing to pick up a crayon and then make strokes on paper. 100% of the time he would try to eat them and stem with them.
Today I took some video of us working on coloring at home. You will notice Austin stemming occasionally with the crayon (taking it and fixating on it or putting it up close to his eyes and staring at it). But overall we are so happy with how well he is doing in this area. Now we will begin working on imitation of what others draw, such as, a line or circle. :)
Austin's beautiful piece of art. Now proudly displayed on our refrigerator. :)
I apologize that the video is a bit long but I wanted to capture transitions and how he responds to me when asked to do something.
3 comments:
Way to go, Austin! Katy, you inspire me.
That's awesome! I love the high five at the end!
This is phenomenal. I had a huge smile on my face the entire time. Thank you so much for sharing this. It's truly inspirational. Oh, and the high five is great!
Post a Comment